What did you do today?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
CLINT
Woke as fuck

Re: What did you do today?

Post by CLINT »

ghosty wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:00 pm Yes it's the white one.

1.6i-16 automatic, so twincam fuel injected. Custodian is telling me I've got a bargain with it.
Haha does he also tell you it 'just needs a service mate? "
OMG U OK HUN?
ghosty

Post by ghosty »

LOL, no it needs a couple of things doing though. Not service items mind - step one was to change the locks as it wouldn't unlock after it was locked for some reason. Custodian luckily had a set complete with 3 keys from a Concerto he broke, and I don't think they're costing me owt.
Watch for pedestrians...
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

Wrong key I guess, same as Ford in theory any key should lock it only the correct one (or a screwdriver) will unlock.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

Today was a slow-news day but one of little pleasures. I have found the leak in the focus and made some progress in the leak on the 190E. Need a nice dry day off to sort both properly. Today was a nice dry day off but instead I found myself going for an aimless drive in the Cowley and giving the T25 an airing. The latter was necessary maintenance in my storage regime but the former was just for fun and included a hand-raised pork pie consumed on an open heath in the New Forest. There really is something almost magical in the sun-warmed interior of a matt black 50s car, all of the rich-smelling ambience dances up the nostrils and I basked in it like a spring lizard. Oh, and I fixed the droopy sun-visor which irritated me sporadically throughout last summer. I know spring is still a way off but today will do very nicely as a stepping stone......
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

Sounds a day well spent.
Private signature, do not read
christine

Post by christine »

Hr-v wheel bearing done ,pressed it in at home with just a vice and spacers !! Desperately needs new discs, though it stops sharply . Since putting it back together the ABS kicks in on the last 3ft of stopping to a halt even though its not skidding ... You can feel the pedal pulse . I seem to recall it did that for a few days last time i changed the bearing the other side .You have to remove and refit the ABS sensor . Perhaps the ecu is learning ? No ABS light flags up anyway
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

I very vaguely remember that happening to me with a Mercedes A140 and it went away after a while.
The whole thing was such a pile of unreliable shit that it's just a blur within a whole mass of problems.
The Reverend Bluejeans
Prize Cunt

Post by The Reverend Bluejeans »

But I thought Mercededeses were 'best or nothing' reliable bullet proof bomb proof Krautwagens?
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

They were until some fuckwit decided in the early 90s to go for volume which we didn't realise until we bought this steaming turd.
When it was in for its 3rd annual service the MB dealers in Aylesbury refused to let my wife take it away as it was dangerous, part of the rear suspension was fucked at less than 15,000 miles. I was working in Barcelona at the time and had an interesting 'phone conversation with their service manager, fortunately on a mobile outside so that the client didn't hear.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

Hewn from granite I believe.
Private signature, do not read