Squire's voitures

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Conrad D. Conelrad

Re: Squire's voitures

Post by Conrad D. Conelrad »

God created 4G mobile streaming to save us from the radio.
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

It enables me to listen to American talk radio from the 90s. It's bloody marvelous being disconnected from the current day.
fried onions

Post by fried onions »

Here she is in natural surroundings, on the LAC St. George's Day Rally. We had a jolly good time.
IMG_5404.JPG
IMG_5404.JPG (444.38 KiB) Viewed 4705 times
IMG_5405.JPG
IMG_5405.JPG (1.42 MiB) Viewed 4705 times
I set about the 1,000 mile greasing service in earnest for this weekend's Beaulieu trip. I also need to try and diagnose the Ominous Noise, which hasn't been heard since. There are 6 grease nipples in this photo alone, can you spot them all?
IMG_5408.JPG
IMG_5408.JPG (430.19 KiB) Viewed 4705 times
The one exuding the worm of grease has been replaced. Each grease nipple contains a tiny spring loaded ball, and when this fails the grease comes out again. I think I may have found the cause of the Ominous Noise, or at least a possible culprit. One of the bottom wishbone joints is as dry as a bone and won't take any grease, despite removing the nipple and probing. I'll get the blowtorch on it and see if softens up.
Squire Dawson

HUMBER - built stronger to last longer.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

That is exactly the sort of conveyance that should be on the drive of such a property.
Private signature, do not read
Conrad D. Conelrad

fried onions

Post by fried onions »

I wish. Showing quite a bit of stick there. ATCNBE!
Squire Dawson

SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

The biggest problem with that system is having the control on the passenger side. Every child under 12 will be pushing it multiple times as soon as the driver disembarks, wasting grease and getting it all over the driveway.

Speaking of grease points, I found another one on my BGT that I didn't even know existed. Turns out the prop shaft has a nipple on it. Only spotted it the other day and come to think about it, I ought to check to see if the other end has one too! Might clear up the advisory for prop wear too when it comes around to it's next MOT.
fried onions

Post by fried onions »

Eh?
Squire Dawson

Conrad D. Conelrad

SiC wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:37 pm The biggest problem with that system is having the control on the passenger side. Every child under 12 will be pushing it multiple times as soon as the driver disembarks, wasting grease and getting it all over the driveway.
The book says the pedal is to be pushed every time you get in the car, and every hundred miles on a trip. I think having a child in the passenger seat could be quite useful!
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

SiC wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:37 pm The biggest problem with that system is having the control on the passenger side. Every child under 12 will be pushing it multiple times as soon as the driver disembarks, wasting grease and getting it all over the driveway.

Speaking of grease points, I found another one on my BGT that I didn't even know existed. Turns out the prop shaft has a nipple on it. Only spotted it the other day and come to think about it, I ought to check to see if the other end has one too! Might clear up the advisory for prop wear too when it comes around to it's next MOT.
From memory of most props I've owned, one on each UJ & one on the sliding joint.
Private signature, do not read