The Hot Wob Time Machine

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
CLINT
Woke as fuck

Re: The Hot Wob Time Machine

Post by CLINT »

I seem to remember that a light tap on the back of a BMW would knock a half shaft out of the diff
OMG U OK HUN?
ghosty

Post by ghosty »

Pure shonk. The doors used to be blue, most of the car has been rattle canned silver by the owner. I see it loads, I have a pic of it with blue doors somewhere. Loads of I'll fitting parts, self tappers etc.
Attachments
20190605_182830.jpg
20190605_182830.jpg (4.48 MiB) Viewed 3120 times
Watch for pedestrians...
Max Thunder

Post by Max Thunder »

8-) Hi
Here's my 2bobs worth about granny's .In my experience granny's were only the toughest on the track when there were the largest car out there or racing against other granny's.

When I first started on the ovals at Brafield (forget that NIR crap) the granny was king (queen?) Because the rules stated you could weld the doors shut not just a few tack welds but fully Weld a 2inch strip all the way down and around the door gaps and also weld the tops of (hiding a bit of 1inch box in there) the doors. Plus also bolt the inner and outer rear arches together

You could have an acro and pole running side to side bolted to the cage and then two poles ,one each side running past the front doors to an acro running side to side under the column and above the pedals

Also the the bonnet corner plate measurements were open to interpretation
Not a particular good picture but this is my mates granny built to that spec
scan0001.jpg
scan0001.jpg (161.91 KiB) Viewed 3087 times
The car lasted a good 15 meetings probably a couple more even had the rear subframe changed because it was bent and knackering driveshafts it had a locked diff.

It was much the same at Pri arena, Mildenhall, Alwalton Peterborough (though a 2litre limit)

Though at Spedeworth you didn't even need a cage .

Ilrc the whole pre 67 etc started when an Midlands Incarace driver (sorry brain fade forget his name will edit when I get some brain cells back)got them to put on a supposed one off Easter meeting in 92 i think so that driver's could use up all their old tin and not race against granny's. So popular that they repeated in the September and we're off .
8-) Hi ...I might be wrong but I won't be.
treehugger
The only technocripple in the village!

Post by treehugger »

^^^Rob Metzner the driver in question?
As I suspected I was right about everything.
Max Thunder

Post by Max Thunder »

treehugger wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:17 pm ^^^Rob Metzner the driver in question?
8-) Hi yep that's the man Thanks
8-) Hi ...I might be wrong but I won't be.