Claim's Cabbies Corner. Repo Revenge.

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
DodgeRover

Re: Claim's Cabbies Corner. FATAL AND ACCOUNTANT ADVICE PLEASE!

Post by DodgeRover »

All I can think of is that it might be easier to get another car on credit if you already have an existing agreement. Sounds more like they want to flog you another though.
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

Given the prices of second hand cars at the moment Warren's could be a nice little earner for them.
AutoshiteBoy

Post by AutoshiteBoy »

The Reverend Bluejeans wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:14 am I had a ride to the Hallamshire this morning. Newish Passat, usual jiggly VAG ride and the standard 'suspension about to fall off' knocking and rattling.

For the return trip, a newish Avensis with 125k. Seriously comfy, not a squeak or rattle.

What is the fascination with VW group stuff?
Somebody you know spent 9 years saying this pretty much every month in Car Mechanics.
Warren t claim

Re: Claim's Cabbies Corner. CELEB SING SONG

Post by Warren t claim »

Posting about celeb TV chef Simon Rimmer in the grumpy thread had jogged this memory that I'll share here.

The gastropub that used to be run by Simon Rimmer was co-owned by a bloke who was something of a minor showbiz impresario and one night back in 2006 he rang Frank for a taxi to take one of his guests to a party in Liverpool. It was early on a quiet Saturday night and Geordie Mick (RIP) was despatched whilst the rest of us sat in the office feeling jealous of him having a decent fare on such a quiet night.

After Mick shouted mobile he said that we'd never believe who his passenger was. After several fruitless guesses, a voice comes over the radio singing The Mavericks song "Dance The Night Away". His passenger was their singer Raul Malo. Although we all knew the tune nobody knew the guy's name! He happily sang away until the radio last reception in the Mersey Tunnel.
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

On the subject of minor celebs, there's one bloke I always refuse to carry as his reputation for giving driver's shit is legendary locally. His name is Dean Sullivan, the actor who played Jimmy Corkhill in Brookside and former boyfriend of disgraced TV weatherman and teacher at Quietside's school Fred Talbot.

Legend says that he's totally up his own arse and acts like he's some sort of Acadamy Award winner and will kick off on a driver for any trivial reason.

On the other hand, Vince Earl who played Ron Dixon is the aforementioned cancelled soap opera was a total gent. He spent the journey to his home in Chester, he lives literally a stone's throw away from Cavcraft, complimenting me on my Omega Elite.
Dead_E23
Meanie Spoilsport Killjoy

Post by Dead_E23 »

Warren t claim wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:39 pm former boyfriend of disgraced TV weatherman and teacher at Quietside's school Fred Talbot.

Legend says that he's totally up his own arse
Gosh, that was an unfortunate turn of phrase! /mortified
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

gmt1.PNG
gmt1.PNG (308.34 KiB) Viewed 1308 times
Today has been one of those days. Been busy. Done big miles. Made decent money.

As all keen Warren Watchers will know, my Ionoq is nearly paid off. In fact, because I owe less than a month's payments I'm now on weekly payments. Only two and a little bit weeks payments left. Normally I'd be happy but I've still not got my licence back from Swansea so it looks like I'll have to use cunning tactics to find another insurance company to cover me in a fortnight.
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

Did you manage to figure out what that message from the dealers actually meant?
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

DodgeRover wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:31 pm Did you manage to figure out what that message from the dealers actually meant?
A predictive text offer on a new car!
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

Why have the dvla got your licence?