Claim's Cabbies Corner. Repo Revenge.

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Split_Pin

Re: Claim's Cabbies Corner. DOING THE KNOWLEDGE

Post by Split_Pin »

I just want to say that this is my favourite thread. Never a dull moment. My neighbour was a taxi driver who had his own 06 plate Mondeo around 9 years ago. I talk to him quite a bit but he's never mentioned the taxi work, other than one anecdote where he wanted to see how far he'd get with 0.0 showing on the fuel range.
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

Split_Pin wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:37 pm I just want to say that this is my favourite thread. Never a dull moment. My neighbour was a taxi driver who had his own 06 plate Mondeo around 9 years ago. I talk to him quite a bit but he's never mentioned the taxi work, other than one anecdote where he wanted to see how far he'd get with 0.0 showing on the fuel range.
#flattered
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.
NorfolkNWeigh

Post by NorfolkNWeigh »

Warren’s , battered wife tales reminds me of a few jobs I did to help out a mate that had the local Women’s Aid account. Nearly all of his drivers were from a specific racial background and unofficially he’d been asked to send either women or homegrown drivers. A lot of Asian drivers either tried to convince the women to go back home or saw it as a chatting up opportunity.
On more than one occasion I’ve done the grab the pile of bin bags with all of some poor cow and her kid’s belongings in whilst The Old Bill watch the “ hardman” glaring from the other side of the road. I was often tempted to go back and have a word about hitting women, but never did. Although I did once pick up some drunk Scotsman one night that I’d previously seen when I took his pregnant partner to a refuge in London and had to listen to her sobbing about how she didn’t know if she could love her unborn child as she was pregnant through rape. He was so drunk he probably thought he’d fallen down his front step, probably wondered about the size 12 prints on his bollocks though!

One night I picked a woman and two toddlers up to go to a refuge and realised we were been followed, I did a few last minute turns etc. Then my passenger pipes up, don’t do that Kevin won’t know where I am ! She was only going the Women’s Aid route as a shortcut to a Council House . I took her back to where I’d picked her up and called it as a no-show. Didn’t want to lead this idiot to a secret refuge, but didn’t want to grass her up, just in case she did get a slap for telling me.
bub2006
Tenth Dan Tetris Gnu

Post by bub2006 »

I have a severe disliking of domestic violence. Experienced both sides. I grew up in a toxic house and I left when I turned 16 but I'd had to endure my dad for 16 years and I still blame him for my mum's death when I was 8. I've also been victim with a psychotic ex who delighted in knocking me about,even hospitalised me for a week or so but we met at work and everyone thought she was an angel and was so sweet and caring. After we split I lost touch with old work colleagues ad I was portrayed as the evil one. I'm big built and a bit abrasive without realising it so folk must have thought she was telling truth.
One night I was driving through Derby City centre when I spotted a fella leathering his Mrs in a bus stop. Being no fucka given when I was younger I stopped my car and had a quiet word with him,he might have tripped over the kerbstone once or twice too. She twitted me in the head with her shoe though and told me to leave him alone. Fuck that,I got back in the car and fucked off. The blood never did come out of the headrest either.
brandersnatch
I scored very low on the autie test. I’m cheerful, happy, confident, like meeting new people, chatty and largely sociable. What the fuck am I doing on this forum?

Post by brandersnatch »

No good deed goes unpunished mate.
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

Unfortunately not.

But you can't just walk past can you?
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Post by Eddie Honda »

LynehamHerc wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:27 pm Unfortunately not.

But you can't just walk past can you?
In fairness he wasn't walking either

Ben
TADTS

Post by TADTS »

This is all brilliant, keep it up.

I remember when taxi drivers started moving away from petrol jap saloons and into 405 diesels. One lad who used to ferry me to various drinking establishments was keen to show every punter how well it pulled away in 2nd gear.

The bluebirds more or less vanished overnight.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

NorfolkNWeigh

Post by NorfolkNWeigh »

We had a guy, Reg, that was still working a Bluebird up until about 2003 . It was on 4 month inspections because of its age , but he was determined to work it until he was 70. It was a petrol hatchback on an H and he kept it after he retired. Probably still pottering around in Walton -on -the -Naze , where he retired to. I hope so.
AutoshiteBoy

Post by AutoshiteBoy »

Washington's finest.