Cae Dai 1950s Museum

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
SiC
It's S small i C

Cae Dai 1950s Museum

Post by SiC »

Been away up in Cheshire way this week with family. Less said about the arguments between my sisters the better. My niece and nephew however got on really well!

Anyway Mrs SiC and I split off one day and went to this little museum. Bit of a home brewed affair that's basically a warehouse with a bunch of old stuff to look at and poke about with. Cheap enough to get in and reasonably enjoyable. At a fiver each entry, it's one of the cheapest museums I've been to!

Only a few cars there and mostly common stuff. They had a fire about 13 years ago and lost much of their collection.

Probably wouldn't go out of my way to visit but if you're in the area it's worth having a look.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/FfVnngkt9gLoYUUAA

Some pictures of my visit in no particular order. Hopefully not too many duplicates from Tapatalk screwing up.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Apparently this was one of the actual vehicles used in the Great Train Robbery
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Re: Cae Dai 1950s Museum

Post by Hooli »

You sure it wasn't Mercrocker's house? Looks similar to the pics he's posted before.
Private signature, do not read
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

Yeah I did think he'd be in his element there. I think there is a camp site nearby he could live at!
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

Needless to say I found those photographs absolutely fantastic and Mrs Rocker and I would move in there tomorrow. Shame about the fire, that is a tragedy (shame the Cadillac survived as well - at least looking like that).

Common cars maybe but that is an actual Fullbore Mk10 (UK imported Hindustan Ambassador) and I think one of the publicity cars for that very short-lived and ill-fated venture. The fire engine (shame it didn't actually put the fire out....) is not common either - Alfred Miles-bodied Dennis and a style more usually seen on Bedford chassis.

I am going to have to wrestle with my conscience now and reconsider my life-long Welsh embargo......
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

Apparently, according to the FB link SiC added, the fire was a result of arson. Bastards. I did suspect that 50s wiring but I suppose they are just for display. Unlike some of mine.....
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

Don't worry, it's right near the boarder so you can escape quickly enough.

But why don't you like Wales?

A good proportion of those that live there now are English anyway!
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

It is not much more than a case of went there once and it was shit. I've never, until now, had a reason to return but I am seriously considering it! I have already noted its proximity to England....
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

I'm really surprised you haven't visited more. Whether it's the coastline of Pembrokeshire or the mountains of Brecon, there is plenty of stunning scenery to drive and walk through. Some of it can be touristy at times but go on an off season, it can be very tranquil. But it's a large place with not a large population, so keep away from the tourist traps and you find yourself stepping back in time.

Personally I'd quite like to buy a small holding in Carmarthenshire and enjoy the lack of people around. Unfortunately many others have recently too! 10 acres and a house used to be easily had under 400k. Fair bit more than that now in the last half decade of rises unfortunately.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

We have the Isle of Wight for all that! Yes, you are right though, I would probably find a great deal to like about Wales.......
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

Lovely photos apart from the one with the grey modern souless shitbox in it.