Ford focus mk1

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
bub2006
Tenth Dan Tetris Gnu

Re: Ford focus mk1

Post by bub2006 »

A friendly mobile mechanic. Used to be mobile,them went static in a unit which didn't pan out due to his regular customers not wanting to travel so went back mobile again. Winding down a bit now and only doing pretty much friends and family.
bub2006
Tenth Dan Tetris Gnu

Post by bub2006 »

And no topless pics were taken in payment of services!
bub2006
Tenth Dan Tetris Gnu

Post by bub2006 »

paulplom wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:41 pm Cost me £360 for my van to have the discs and pads changed along with a new calliper last week. Regreased and put a new clip on the cv boot too.
Doesn't sound bad but I supplied the discs and fucking pads. I priced a calliper when I bought them and it was less than £80. I even supplied the cv grease.
That's £280 fucking labour. For what? An hours work? They're aren't fucking plumbers ffs.
In next Wednesday for a front nearside spring. Only £320 as they'll also have to change the drop link as well. How much is a fucking spring.
Springs are in my eyes same as brake pads/shoes and discs. I won't change just one. Have to do both sides. Same as when shockers were done on the focus. Because of stuck bolts I just pulled the trigger on complete cross arms,side arms,springs,shockers and dog bones. Can't see why drop link needs to be changed unless it's clicking though. I've removed and refitted the old ones when changing springs before.