Mistaken automotive beliefs

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Warren t claim

Re: Mistaken automotive beliefs

Post by Warren t claim »

Every articulated lorry on the road is a 44 tonner.
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.
AutoshiteBoy

Post by AutoshiteBoy »

Sherpas are shit.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

Every VW campervan is driven by a beanie-hatted lentil-licking unwashed arse who listens to shit music and dreams about Cal-look lowering kits, stupid fucking safari windows and wants to congegrate in a field with a load of identikit "alternatives" with shrieking macaque children and a moaning missus who'd rather be in a hot tub.
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

mercrocker wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:51 pm Every VW campervan is driven by a beanie-hatted lentil-licking unwashed arse who listens to shit music and dreams about Cal-look lowering kits, stupid fucking safari windows and wants to congegrate in a field with a load of identikit "alternatives" with shrieking macaque children and a moaning missus who'd rather be in a hot tub.
https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/soc ... 2061430501
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

I got the gist of that before my ad-blocker upset it! The only way to enjoy a VW van is keep well away from other ones.
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

mercrocker wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:02 am I got the gist of that before my ad-blocker upset it! The only way to enjoy a VW van is keep well away from other ones.
THE purchase of a camper van will not make your life meaningful or free, it has emerged.

As the holiday season begins, millions of desperate office workers are thinking heavily-romanticised thoughts about buying a vehicle with an uncomfortable bed and a potty in it.

Sales manager Tom Logan said: “I’m going to buy a Jamie Oliver van, put a surf board on the top and drive around Cornwall with a terrier with one of those little hankies round his neck. I will definitely pick up an attractive female hitch-hiker in a battered straw hat and have consensual sex with her.

“Then we’ll look at the sunset and think deep thoughts while feeling truly alive.”

However VW Camper owner Roy Hobbs said: “Mine’s just sitting in the drive, rusting. I’ll take it out next week so that it can go and fail its MOT.

“Basically I’ve slept in it four nights, which means as a form of accommodation it is slightly more expensive than the Savoy.

“I have had no additional sex since buying it, or noticed any increase in my personal liberty or freewheelingness.”

Vintage camper owner Nikki Hollis said: “Apparently ‘freedom’ means ‘travelling slowly in considerable discomfort while using shitloads of petrol’.

“Although I suppose in normal, conventional life you don’t get to cook sausages on a faulty gas ring while crouched next to a plastic box containing human faeces.”
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Post by Eddie Honda »

SiC wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:58 pm
fried onions wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:51 pm Window tints are the bane of modern cars. Reversing in the dark looking thorugh darkened glass... great idea.
Its perfectly achievable to reverse in a van without a rear window in the dark...
Mirrors - Cracking invention!
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

I have to admit that the shitloads of petrol comment is true. I had one at the same time as owning a Range Rover 3.9 Efi and used the Range Rover more because it was more economical.
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

My powerhouse of an about 50hp 1600 only does about 22mpg at best and that's with never using it for runs of less than about 7 miles.

I enjoy driving it though so it's worth it.
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

I'm hoping I can pick a "cheap" T1 or T2 when they all get sold off in 3 years time because of the above realities.