Hanging WBoD Shitheap Made by Hitler Acquired

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
The Reverend Bluejeans
Prize Cunt

Re: Hanging WBoD Shitheap Made by Hitler Acquired

Post by The Reverend Bluejeans »

Fuck off you cunt.

:D
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

mercrocker wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:35 pm Analysing our post count and estimating (wildly) how much is or is not about cars is all a bit pointless really. This is a Forum. A Discussion Board.

Name one conversation you have had with a real person recently. Did it stay on track? If it was amongst mates, family or colleagues did it get piss-takey and jokey? Of course it fucking did.

Does anyone think (to use an example I am familiar enough with) a group of Teddy Boys on a night out discuss the finer points of Little Richard's Specialty output ad infinitum, peppered with tales of the latest tailor visits? Yes, they do, but interspersed with calling each other cunts, taking the piss out of incorrectly knotted ties or ranting about the perilous state of British society......

No need to beat ourselves up because somebody got upset. It was always going to happen that way. You can't please every cunt.
I'd argue, not strongly mind you, that if people don't occasionally get upset we're too bland (I'm not certain that's the correct word but I haven't woken up yet). Given the strong characters on here I feel that it's an inevitability.

I've certainly got pissed off at times and even flounced once but it's not my forum, I don't decide what people post and that is one of its strengths, it's moderated, if you want to put it that way, by peer pressure not power mad morons*

* I've just realised how wrong these last few words are.
panhard65

Post by panhard65 »

Merc hit the nail on the head there. Talking solely about cars gets bloody boring. I work on the poxy things all day and as much as I love my cars talking about them all night would be a nightmare. It is the way threads drift on here that makes it so special, otherwise it would end up like a hubnut video. Some boring cunt talking bollocks for half an hour. Junkman is a really nice bloke in person and a fountain of obscure knowlege, unfortunatly he seems to be a bit fragile at the moment. It's a shame he has decided not to stick around but it's not the end of the world.
1939 Hotchkiss 864
1966 Rover P5 (for sale)
1971 Lancia Fulvia Berlinetta (also for sale)
1977 Dodge 3700GT Hearse
1987 Renault 25 V6 Turbo
2010 Skoda Felica tdi
2013 Peugeot RCZ
2021 Yadea C1S Gay leccy scooter
Alf892

Post by Alf892 »

JM likes to be respected/worshipped a bit more than he gets on here.

I remember reading a thread on AS years ago where members wrote up their life experiences……he came across as a proper Walter Mitty.

Wee wee could be the car free version of JM…….
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

Alf892 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:54 pm JM likes to be respected/worshipped a bit more than he gets on here.

I remember reading a thread on AS years ago where members wrote up their life experiences……he came across as a proper Walter Mitty.

Wee wee could be the car free version of JM…….
I hoped that his stories were true?
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

I've heard a few of his stories when Mrs JM was there and possibly a Junkchild, they didn't have the look of 'oh god this rubbish again'. So I'd suspect mostly true.
Private signature, do not read
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

I've no doubt of the authenticity of his stories he was, I believe, extremely well connected within the motor industry and is of course of a certain age where one has a past slightly more exciting than the shit that goes on nowadays.
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

We get told stuff like this:
I can rebuild a 348 blindfolded while sleeping at a fraction of the cost.
But then we also hear that ADAC was called out for a breakdown on closed up set of points - which the fix was to re-gap and oil the felt pad. We also get told it's been weeks at a garage awaiting the brake system to be sorted.

All on a vehicle not much more complicated than a pencil sharpener.
panhard65

Post by panhard65 »

Those 3 cylinders sound easy to work on but are not quite. you would need a few tools to even check the points as they are on the end of the crank under a cover. Probably held on by a mixture of allen and posi drive screws. Once you get in there you will find 3 sets of the fuckers with 3 condensors and 3 coils. If you find you needed parts as well I can see why you would call the breakdown. Brakes shouldn't be too much of a problem but it does depend which ones are fitted and what is wrong with them. Some parts are no longer available for the rear brake adjusters and you need to get them made.
1939 Hotchkiss 864
1966 Rover P5 (for sale)
1971 Lancia Fulvia Berlinetta (also for sale)
1977 Dodge 3700GT Hearse
1987 Renault 25 V6 Turbo
2010 Skoda Felica tdi
2013 Peugeot RCZ
2021 Yadea C1S Gay leccy scooter
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

From memory one of JM's things for a collection is to not take any tools. So what Panhard says makes sense.
Private signature, do not read