Teenage Two Stroke Tearaway Tales

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
AMCrebel
Officially Not Quite Totally Useless

Re: Teenage Two Stroke Tearaway Tales

Post by AMCrebel »

Drum wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:50 am Allowed you to ride a 250 on L plates because much safer :lol:
I am old enough to have legally ridden my 250 on L plates without needing one of those.
2005 Land Rover Discovery SE Manual
2003 Mercedes E320 Estate
1968 AMC Rebel SST Convertible
1967 AMC Rebel SST Convertible (for parts)
1994 Fleetwood Colchester 1850 EB

Hoping for roffle win :)
brandersnatch
I scored very low on the autie test. I’m cheerful, happy, confident, like meeting new people, chatty and largely sociable. What the fuck am I doing on this forum?

Post by brandersnatch »

AMCrebel wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:01 pm
Drum wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:50 am Allowed you to ride a 250 on L plates because much safer :lol:
I am old enough to have legally ridden my 250 on L plates without needing one of those.
#metoo. Passed test in 1980 on a Kawasaki Z250. JML146W. (You never forget your first love.) I did once see a Laverda Jota on L plates with a Sidewinder attached.
Drum
Not Your Average Hoarder

Post by Drum »

That must be what I'm thinking of. Prior to 1983 you could learn on anything up to 250cc. Afterwards, you had to get rid of it or put a sidewinder on it.

I was only 14 at the time so wasn't legal on my XL250S anyway :D
The country roads were quiet in those days.
Yellowperil

Post by Yellowperil »

Just remembered,, one of the lads in the next village had one of these.

https://classic-motorbikes.net/wp-conte ... -Moped.jpg

An easy rider X1
christine

Post by christine »

I wasn't allowed a motorbike as they were "deathtraps..." .
I had a 2T go kart though, and i crashed into the village policeman on his Honda cd200 noddy bike
christine

Post by christine »

Later i bought a Bultaco 325 sherpa t and hid it behind the shed so my mum didn't know.... i was about 25 by then .They went out ..I got the bike out rode it down the lane to the common land . ..Now the bloke i bought it from was pretty good at trials riding and jumping it over obstacles looked piss easy .. That restored BSA 350 i pictured a few weeks ago ? Well it was him that sold it me..
So i thought i'd start on a rock the size of a breeze block ...Well , i got a bit of speed up ...hit the rock, the front wheel stopped dead and i go over the handlebars ... and the fucking thing landed on me ..chain zizzing one leg ,the zorst burning the other ....i would never walk again i was gunna die ....the kill switch didn't work...and the chain saw was going at my leg still .. After a while it stopped .. Amazingly i still had 2 legs ...i managed to get it off me ,pushed it home and re hid it ...fucking thing ... sold it a few days later .. Now if i had been allowed one at 16 , i would have known how to ride one eh ? Or dead ..
Asimo

Post by Asimo »

Once spent a whole Wednesday “games period” pushing a classmate’s Villiers Starmaker-engined MX bike, trying to start the bastard thing. Circuit-training AND a cross-country would have been less of a work out. Couldn’t get his Ariel Leader to run either. This was probably a good job as the spine frame had a massive crack and there was no saddle.

Still aware of the shoulder injury caused by starting a Stormer trials bike in 1st gear after stalling whilst trying to ride up a cliff / slope. Don’t let anyone tell you ‘strokers have no low-end torque.