Is it important for a car to have poke?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Re: Is it important for a car to have poke?

Post by Eddie Honda »

bub2006 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:32 pmeven if slipways can be a chore.
download.png
download.png (5.33 KiB) Viewed 2385 times
bub2006
Tenth Dan Tetris Gnu

Post by bub2006 »

Slip roads. Damn my phone. I'll edit it now.
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Post by Eddie Honda »

Stay away from slipways Bub!
NergleFuttocks
Globalist Imperialist Pig Dog!

Post by NergleFuttocks »

Topical for me at the mo. My 7 speed 460 ft-lb diesel is a relaxing thing to cruise in but has reserves of grunt that can deal with most situations. I get better mpg in Sport mode so progress is a micro-ankle movement away. It is in the shop having a new front suspension fitted (airmatic- just say no kids) and I have borrowed my old man’s 61 reg 318 wagon. I have no idea what is in this (mini engine? Or the old 2.0 maybe) and it cruises beautifully, handles nicely and does a normal drive excellently. But it has absolutely no ability to make any more progress than usually required. Definitely no overtaking on A and B roads and getting back to 75 from a 50 roadworks section can be better done in an HGV as I found out last night.

My car on the other hand scares the life out of my old man and he can’t seem to drive it sensibly.

So it is what you get used to I guess. I miss the poke when I don’t have it, and take it for granted when I do.

Looking forward to the return of my Merc. Can’t blame it for shitting it’s front turret - it gets all the crater potholes and it was a few hundred quid unlike the 2 grand the haters would have you believe.
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

It is in the shop!!!!!!

I'll do this before the Rev picks you up on it.
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

It appears Rev has disappeared off after Eddie upset him by figuring out the obfuscate reg.
captain_70s

Post by captain_70s »

Snowflake, almost as bad as Junkman.
1976 Triumph Dolomite 1850HL - Field based greenhouse.
1977 Triumph Dolomite 1300 - Lean green oil dripping machine.
1983 Triumph Acclaim L - Japanglish daily runner.
1989 Volvo 740GLE Estate - Mobile storage unit.
treehugger
The only technocripple in the village!

Post by treehugger »

SiC wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:49 pm It appears Rev has disappeared off after Eddie upset him by figuring out the obfuscate reg.
Didnt some body say he does shagging holidays?
As I suspected I was right about everything.
bub2006
Tenth Dan Tetris Gnu

Post by bub2006 »

NergleFuttocks wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 2:45 pm Topical for me at the mo. My 7 speed 460 ft-lb diesel is a relaxing thing to cruise in but has reserves of grunt that can deal with most situations. I get better mpg in Sport mode so progress is a micro-ankle movement away. It is in the shop having a new front suspension fitted (airmatic- just say no kids) and I have borrowed my old man’s 61 reg 318 wagon. I have no idea what is in this (mini engine? Or the old 2.0 maybe) and it cruises beautifully, handles nicely and does a normal drive excellently. But it has absolutely no ability to make any more progress than usually required. Definitely no overtaking on A and B roads and getting back to 75 from a 50 roadworks section can be better done in an HGV as I found out last night.

My car on the other hand scares the life out of my old man and he can’t seem to drive it sensibly.

So it is what you get used to I guess. I miss the poke when I don’t have it, and take it for granted when I do.

Looking forward to the return of my Merc. Can’t blame it for shitting it’s front turret - it gets all the crater potholes and it was a few hundred quid unlike the 2 grand the haters would have you believe.
Not sure on the earlier ones but I know the new 218 is a 134 bhp 1.5 3 pot turbo. Stupid modern badging means naff all. The merc a 180 has a low power 1.3 turbo and the a200 has a higher power 1.3 petrol and the diesel a class is a Renault engine.
NergleFuttocks
Globalist Imperialist Pig Dog!

Post by NergleFuttocks »

This is too old to be a mini engine I think. I count 4 leads so definitely the low power 2.0 that preceded all this low capacity high power malarkey. Not a bad motor at all providing you’re never in a hurry.