Watch me! Mustang Mach E

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Warren t claim

Re: Watch me! Mustang Mach E

Post by Warren t claim »

Bazfr69 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:53 pm I don’t really like Vauxhalls but even I was aghast when they reused Viva on what looked like a shrunken and even more poverty spec Corsa.

I was impressed that they painted them in old Viva HC colours and had a SL trim level. All that was missing was a button under the steering column to release the ignition key.
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.
Bazfr69

Post by Bazfr69 »

I’ve only seen one and it was in dog knob red.
Bangernomics

Post by Bangernomics »

I wonder who are they making these things for?

Then I see my pal a bloke that lives alone and visits his bird for a pumping then goes home in his new 7 seat x trail.

Or my stepdaughter. One small baby and two adults household. Guess what.
Yep 7 seat x trail.

I remember being in the back of a mini estate that dad bought mum because she wanted a bigger car when my first sister came along. I remember being taken to football (god I hate football) with 10 other kids in a friends dads min van. He did have fold down benches in the back so luxurious and smothering in equal measure.

Less annoying tag line.
Just when I thought I was out they dragged me back in.
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

Bangernomics wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:02 pm I wonder who are they making these things for?

Then I see my pal a bloke that lives alone and visits his bird for a pumping then goes home in his new 7 seat x trail.

Or my stepdaughter. One small baby and two adults household. Guess what.
Yep 7 seat x trail.

I remember being in the back of a mini estate that dad bought mum because she wanted a bigger car when my first sister came along. I remember being taken to football (god I hate football) with 10 other kids in a friends dads min van. He did have fold down benches in the back so luxurious and smothering in equal measure.

Less annoying tag line.
Boomers who remember the Mustang brand are to fat and immobile to fit into a low Coupé.

They're also electric and as the heavy battery is at the bottom, the CoG is quite low. Hence most electric cars are quite high as people like high cars and they don't supposed to handle as bad as they look.

Still an abomination.
Bazfr69

Post by Bazfr69 »

If you can’t fit in a modern Mustang you’ve raced/waddled past fat and straight to morbidly obese surely?
captain_70s

Post by captain_70s »

Bazfr69 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:58 pm If you can’t fit in a modern Mustang you’ve raced/waddled past fat and straight to morbidly obese surely?
It's an American car, where morbid obesity is a nation pastime.

The members of this forum are probably also about as far away from the average punter as you could get. I reckon most folk just think "Mustang, that's a cool name, and it's big and safe and comfy" and give it no more thought.
1976 Triumph Dolomite 1850HL - Field based greenhouse.
1977 Triumph Dolomite 1300 - Lean green oil dripping machine.
1983 Triumph Acclaim L - Japanglish daily runner.
1989 Volvo 740GLE Estate - Mobile storage unit.
cros
The Elastrator

Post by cros »

Screenshot_20210521-003027.jpg
Screenshot_20210521-003027.jpg (15.96 KiB) Viewed 2543 times
Dangleberries, butt nuts, arse grapes, clag-ons, I've also heard these called mustangs. Don't assume this device takes its name from an iconic muscle car.
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Post by Eddie Honda »

Winnets
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

There's a few people of my age around here, who run things like Healey 3000s, who I think would buy one because of the novelty and wanting the latest gadget.

You'd just need one of the influencers, I suppose you'd call them that, at the Sports or Golf Clubs to buy one and the keep up with the Jones effect would get into top gear. There's a wall of pent up cash there, no cruises, no other foreign holidays, no eating out,12 months to get any building work done etc.etc.. The Stock Market has also done ok.

I'm going to stick with IC cars as long as I can. If I'm considered old fashioned so be it, they suit me and I like them.

Just as a sort of spin off question how much space is there in a Mustang convertible? I guess not much but I've still got a 4 seat convertible as the main idea for my next car.
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

Eddie Honda wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:01 amWinnets
I went to school with a lad called Jason Winnet. He pronounced it win NET. We just called him winnit.
He did 2 years working with me as an apprentice at my first employer. A good hand but he was always very flighty.
No sign of him on fb.