Does Your Mayor Have A Shit Official Car?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Re: Does Your Mayor Have A Shit Official Car?

Post by Eddie Honda »

Eddie Honda wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:28 pm
AutoshiteBoy wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:47 pm What the fuck do mayors do? Aside from claim expenses?
Keep the beaches open of course
...and has a Caddy
Screenshot_20210718-203932~2.png
Screenshot_20210718-203932~2.png (560.6 KiB) Viewed 1179 times
Jaws-Cadillac.jpg
Jaws-Cadillac.jpg (51.17 KiB) Viewed 1179 times
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

NorfolkNWeigh wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:15 pm In Milton Keynes we have the U.K. HQ of both Mercedes and VAG and for many years the Council would ponce a car for a few months at a time off one or the other. Consequently the Mayor would be seen in S Classes, A8s, Phaaetons etc at no cost to us poor Taxpayers.
However, some interfering twat complained that these companies had a hold over the council so shouldn’t be supplying the cars . They then got a Volvo S80 as part of a lease deal which runs out this year, they’ve promised to get something “ green” . As Nissan have their Design and Technoogy Centre here it’ll probably be a Leaf, like in Autoshiteboy’s Manor. No doubt a free electric car will be acceptable bribery!

I must admit to a bit of a vested interest, because I got a call asking if I’d be interested in the job of Mayoral chauffeur, yesterday! I made polite appreciative noises and asked for more details, but I suspect the money will be shit and I might have to drive a fe king Leaf. More details soon…
Our Mayoral chauffeur is a bloke called Paul who used to work for me when he moonlighted as a delivery driver (in his own car! A Mk1 Fiesta at the time) at the pizza shop I used to run. Our local official drivers are recruited straight from the local council security team that patrols the council offices and schools. By sheer coincidence, the lad who trained me up in my first bailiff job was also ex Wirral Borough Council security. Last I heard he was the senior bailiff for a large council in Cheshire.
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

AutoshiteBoy wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:47 pm What the fuck do mayors do? Aside from claim expenses?
A very good question I've never seen an answer for that could possibly justify the waste of public money involved.
Private signature, do not read
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

They open new leisure centres with scissors.