DozeyDustman's Fleet update.

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
christine

Re: DozeyDustman's Fleet update.

Post by christine »

Dass a joke !
dozeydustman

Post by dozeydustman »

christine wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:36 pm Use the tyres for necklacing wokey AS members :mrgreen:
I know that's a joke, but my god there are 2 or 3 I'd throw the tyres over like hoop-la. Then I'd realise I'd be wasting tyres and my time.
Rave is a twat
dozeydustman

Post by dozeydustman »

Will history repeat itself?
Attachments
Polish_20220223_194019612.png
Polish_20220223_194019612.png (693.36 KiB) Viewed 1637 times
Rave is a twat
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

That looks the business. Pez or diz?
The Reverend Bluejeans
Prize Cunt

Post by The Reverend Bluejeans »

I ran one of those last year, a 2009 TTiD. It is, so far, the most unreliable car I've encountered. The TTiD is shit though because of its bastardised Insignia type engine - the TiD with the Vectra engine is a good car.
dozeydustman

Post by dozeydustman »

It's a 1.9TiD 150bhp. I have receipts for the last 2 years worth of maintenance along with a handful of parts receipts for new and used bits. In the last 2 years while the PO had it it's had:

DMF & Clutch
Rear springs
New EGR, DPF and replacement exhaust manifold with swirl flaps. Which work.
Cam & auxiliary belts
services every 6 months.

A French chap in that part of London the Americans call Wimpulten had it up on Bumtree. He owns 3 other Saabs, spent all the money getting this one all running right and in December he discovered it's not ULEZ compliant.

Gave £1000 for it. I'm either very brave, very stupid or very clever and have bought a lot of car for not much.

The front tyres are dreadful. Real sharp hail shower on way home from work, on the concrete road surface and sudden ice wasn't a good mix for 'Premiorri' tyres, even under no throttle load it was scrabbling in first at tickover. Which was interesting.....
Rave is a twat
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

I bet that there was a bit of an outburst when he found out about the ULEZ non compliance.

Perfidious Albion and all that.
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

Bugger that, after that amount of expenditure I would be making a mistake and putting the plate off one of his other Saab's on it
dozeydustman

Post by dozeydustman »

After a real ballache trying to get the tyres I ordered for the Citroen sent back to Black Circles, which were collected on 1st March, I asked them if I could do a swap for 2x Uniroyals for the Saab. They said yes. First of all courier didn't come on arranged day (3rd March), rescheduled for 8th March. 10th March I got COVID again, so that put paid to anything car wise.

No signs of the new tyres at all, no confirmation the courier brought delivered them to the warehouse, no offer of a refund. Rang them monday asking for an update and nobody seemed to know what had happened to my order. E-mailed them yesterday asking them to update me, got a call my new tyres would be with me tomorrow. Excellent, and just in time as I picked up a nail on the way home from work on the Meerkovo tyre. Car's much better on decent rubber.

Hopefully in the next couple of weeks both work and home life will calm down and I'll get the Swedish Vauxhall serviced.
Rave is a twat
dozeydustman

Post by dozeydustman »

Stepdaughter’s Binimini shat its alternator on Wednesday, so it’s now in the garage and my pocket is £125 lighter having ordered a replacement & belt. It looks like a fun* job as there is approximately 1.5 inch between the pulleys and the inner wing. Stripdown will commence over the weekend and hopefully the recon unit will be with me on Tuesday. Good job I’m off work next week.
Rave is a twat