MGB GT fettling

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Re: V50 Shenanigans

Post by Eddie Honda »

Is the 2.0l diesel similar?

[youtube][/youtube]
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

I remember 'helping' a mate to do the alternator on his w reg berlingo. That was an utter cunt of a job from where I was standing, helping and giving advice. That was a van. I can't imagine a new car being any better.
Scruffy Bodger
TeeShirtFun

Post by Scruffy Bodger »

Eddie Honda wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:13 pm https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=142642

Wangle it out the top?
Will try that tomorrow ta. Thing is it looks like the top rad hose is in the way too and I was trying to avoid dropping all the coolant out of it as its on the high street and right next to the pavement. Coughing coffin dodgers are rampant round here and have nothing better to think about at the mo to moan. I'm the only one to ever be seen spotted working on their own car on the street ever.
Scruffy Bodger
TeeShirtFun

Post by Scruffy Bodger »

Scruffy Bodger wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:33 pm
Eddie Honda wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:13 pm https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=142642

Wangle it out the top?
Will try that tomorrow ta. Thing is it looks like the top rad hose is in the way too and I was trying to avoid dropping all the coolant out of it as its on the high street and right next to the pavement. Coughing coffin dodgers are rampant round here and have nothing better to think about at the mo than to moan. I'm the only one to ever be seen spotted working on their own car on the street ever.

Wangle it out the top?
Will try that tomorrow ta. Thing is it looks like the top rad hose is in the way too and I was trying to avoid dropping all the coolant out of it as its on the high street and right next to the pavement. Coughing coffin dodgers are rampant round here and have nothing better to think about at the mo to moan. I'm the only one to ever be seen spotted working on their own car on the street ever.
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

Same here. We're a dying breed. I've been involving the boy but only time will tell.
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Post by Eddie Honda »

Only one I've seen spannering is a EE lad 2 doors down. Popped by asking me if I had a 17mm Allen socket (Aldi wank CV joint). I've got some special shit, but not one of those sockets.
Scruffy Bodger
TeeShirtFun

Post by Scruffy Bodger »

I've not needed to do much for years, the 405 is like a brand new car so only gets washed and polished. In days gone by I've been out there in snow flurries with an angle grinder cutting bolts off an Audi Coupe that were seized solid. They sent the wrong bushes, it was on axle stands on the slope opposite for nearly a week. I put the front wheels back on just to make it blend in a bit better :lol:

Fingers crossed for the boy. One of my mates lads has got himself on a plumbing apprenticeship. He had 2 choices, sparks or plumbing. I've got background in electrics but me and his dad both told him to go for the plumbing. They don't change the goalposts as often!
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

The boy's keen. He's been on a track day with me and has helped on the mx5 etc. Posters and stuff on the wall. He knows the crack. He knows far too much about football for my liking though. Wasted information imo.
Scruffy Bodger
TeeShirtFun

Post by Scruffy Bodger »

MX5's are a great way to start surely? I've only driven one, very under powered for the chassis imo, you have to wring its neck to get anything out of it but good fun. The one I drove has an LSD in it tho so at least Islands and junctions can be fun at low speed.
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

That's the point. Nearly everywhere flat out.