What did you do today?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.

Re: What did you do today?

Post by Guest »

Today I tried to get in the wrong car, I am officially an old git. At least it was the same make and colour, but obviously not mine when I put my brain in gear as it had no dog guard (and a different registration).
The Reverend Bluejeans
Prize Cunt

Post by The Reverend Bluejeans »

SiC wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:18 pm There is also this one: https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... =9&t=35116

Which looking through the thread it appears an awful lot of expensive work has been done. However there is stuff left to do - not least a full paint job. But then that has potential to be an absolute nightmare.
Or just buy a really nice one that hasn't had everything in sight painted with Hammerite? And who the fuck colour changes from Inca/Mimosa to some fucking candy apple red. Jesus!

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1135181
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

The Reverend Bluejeans wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:17 pm
SiC wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:18 pm There is also this one: https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... =9&t=35116

Which looking through the thread it appears an awful lot of expensive work has been done. However there is stuff left to do - not least a full paint job. But then that has potential to be an absolute nightmare.
Or just buy a really nice one that hasn't had everything in sight painted with Hammerite? And who the fuck colour changes from Inca/Mimosa to some fucking candy apple red. Jesus!

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1135181
The price between those two would buy a decent respray and still have money left over for stuff.

Anyway I've bought something now. Also that only just came on yesterday and I didn't see it. But the thing I've bought is nearly 3 times less than that and still has an MOT too. Does need some work but most of that can wait until the winter.
dean36014

Post by dean36014 »

So today I've finished all the jobs on the c15 van I started. So now it has new cambelt, new auxillary belt, offside front wheel front bearing,
discs and pads, brake hoses, brake fluid flushed out and replaced, air filter, and finally a new radiator and obviously anti freeze. No doubt now it will repay me my promptly breaking down. Hopefully when I try it out in a bit the brakes might not feel so wooden. I've also laid a 5mm thick rubber floor in the load area which has reduced the road noise immensely. Next jobs are to check over the rear brakes, fit new rear hoses, spray the new bonnet and crack on with welding up the replacement drivers door. Then I've a week off in August when I intend to try and get all the welding done. Bits spotted so far are nearside inner wing behind headlight, bottom of both A posts, scuttle, which will involve the dashboard out and a complicated repair under the offside side window in the rear box. No doubt next year they'll be even more welding to do!
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

Went to FoTU. Saw PBK and others. Watch Trigger win FoTU with his Marina.

Went to the FoD. I drove an Invacar. Then I broke an Invacar. Oops.
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

I bet they all accused you of breaking it deliberately, there will be a huge part on the AS grumpy thread accusing TDW of sabotage.....
dean36014

Post by dean36014 »

And the C15 after running perfectly all day has now started hunting and making that crackling diesel noise. Bloody typical, checked cambelt tension and it seems fine but jumping a tooth would seem the obvious answer. Will strip it out and check the timing alignment. I'm cursed!
CLINT
Woke as fuck

Post by CLINT »

Those DW8s have that daft automatic timing adjustment thing on the pump that goes wrong, maybe it's that.
OMG U OK HUN?
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

DodgeRover wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:52 pm I bet they all accused you of breaking it deliberately, there will be a huge part on the AS grumpy thread accusing TDW of sabotage.....
The cable was hanging on by two threads of wire. PBK and I did replace it for him (LBF), so he could play around with it again.

I have to say, it was surprisingly good fun to drive! I didn't get too far before it conked out due to lack of fuel, then the throttle cable broke...

PBK before hand was having great fun.
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

[youtube][/youtube]