What did you do today?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Re: What did you do today?

Post by mercrocker »

I reckon you would be safe with the story about trying to complete a house move before the conveyancing embargo. My mate has just driven his Skoda back to Eastbourne loaded like an Okie on a similar pretext.
There's a great long bar in Rock & Roll heaven.......
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

This is true. I forgot that people were exempted and allowed to move house. Also vehicle rental places aren't closed either.

Need to get the garage empty and floor done first.
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

SiC wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:11 pm Is emptying the storage unit essential to go out of the house for? I'm really missing not having any of my tools and being able to do stuff.
Absolutely, you may have a domestic plumbing emergency to deal with in the near future.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

I have a plumbing emergency on the Cowley that is getting looked at over the weekend. All the parts have come with no interruption to the next-day delivery....
CLINT
Woke as fuck

Post by CLINT »

SiC wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:11 pm Is emptying the storage unit essential to go out of the house for? I'm really missing not having any of my tools and being able to do stuff.
Is there anyone there you would be within two metres of? No? Then regardless of the law, common sense dictates that is fine. If you happened to get pulled on the way then tell the fuzz you are going shopping. If everyone uses their common sense it will be fine.
OMG U OK HUN?
fried onions

Post by fried onions »

You see, that's where it all starts to go wrong, because sense is far from common.
Squire Dawson

HUMBER - built stronger to last longer.
CLINT
Woke as fuck

Post by CLINT »

fried onions wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:24 pm You see, that's where it all starts to go wrong, because sense is far from common.
Good point.
CLINT wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:21 pm
as there is no longer any common sense in the public, we are all doomed
OMG U OK HUN?
fried onions

Post by fried onions »

Well if you take SiC as an example, I agree!
Squire Dawson

HUMBER - built stronger to last longer.
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

CLINT wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:21 pm
Is there anyone there you would be within two metres of? No? Then regardless of the law, common sense dictates that is fine. If you happened to get pulled on the way then tell the fuzz you are going shopping. If everyone uses their common sense it will be fine.
Completely agree and something I keep saying to my wife now that we are in a village away from people. Most of the enforcement is to stop gatherings and people seeing each other. I imagine most of the police presence will be in town/city centres and recreational places.

Anyhow I should be ok to say we're just moving house and all our stuff is coming out of storage, as there are exemptions for moving house. This is of course completely true and not lying.
mercrocker
Numb3rP14t3Fun

Post by mercrocker »

There is another aspect of the order that is sometimes overlooked....By keeping people largely isolated and indoors the risk is much less of people sustaining the usual level of injuries and requiring hospital treatment. A factor lost on the neighbour of ours who has been repointing his chimney all week....