What did you do today?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Re: What did you do today?

Post by Hooli »

I've always found Sprinters much worse, designed by a committee that aren't talking to each other.
Private signature, do not read
The Reverend Bluejeans
Prize Cunt

Post by The Reverend Bluejeans »

I've driven most vans and the Vivaro/ Trafic gens 1 and 2 are the only ones that actually drive like cars, i.e properly. The cabin is much longer so you can stretch out. The new Vivaro is a Peugeot and I don't know what they're like.
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

How many Polish guys did you upset when you had all the good bits off already?
The Reverend Bluejeans
Prize Cunt

DILLIGAF?
PhilA

Post by PhilA »

20210223_185438.jpg
20210223_185438.jpg (289.7 KiB) Viewed 2376 times
I've just been driving the shit out of this. It is performing duties of Car quite well, though I backed the auto-choke off a little much the other day which has made it noticably harder to start.

Phil
Pontac Cheepten
Plymmut Furey
Jaaaaag
The Reverend Bluejeans
Prize Cunt

It's not my era for Yanks, but nice to see one being used as a car. How much old stuff do you see on the roads out there? My Mum lives in Canada and the cars are as depressing as they are here. I've only ever seen a 1958 Impala being driven.
PhilA

Post by PhilA »

The Reverend Bluejeans wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:51 am It's not my era for Yanks, but nice to see one being used as a car. How much old stuff do you see on the roads out there? My Mum lives in Canada and the cars are as depressing as they are here. I've only ever seen a 1958 Impala being driven.
These days, nothing older than about 25 years really.
However, there's a few factors involved in that.

First, hurricane Katrina did a number on a lot of vehicles, meaning a lot got scrapped due to flood damage and were replaced new. So that sets 2005 as a step date for a lot of cars.
Second, the mechanical design life of most cars and easy parts replacement is about 20-25 years, so beyond that a lot of cars get replaced when they're worn out mechanically.

So that sets the date around there for here but no, seeing something from the seventies or even eighties is becoming significantly more rare these days.

There are cars being driven about that are from that era but we suffer the same thing as y'all do there- nobody wants the cooking base models so inevitably there's many more cars from the seventies with big displacement v8's and automatic transmissions than actually rolled out as a model. Everyone wants the GT, the SS, the 427.
Nobody wants the 218, the six, manual steering.
Pontac Cheepten
Plymmut Furey
Jaaaaag
xtriple
Paranoid Dog Parent

Post by xtriple »

Checked the tyre pressures (all correct) and topped up the screenwash again as it seems to leak a bit. The sensible thing would be to have a butchers at the screenwash tank but it's buried behind the wheel arch liner and holds about 8 litres (seriously) so it will have to keep on leaking until sometime in 2023 when I finally get so annoyed with it I pay someone to take the wheel off and get it out.

Yes, I am well aware that taking a wheel off is hardly taxing any mechanical aptitude but... not for me anymore it seems :(
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

You could always look at Eddie's CBW for ideas as to how to get the wheel off with no real effort.
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

Or bounce it up that traffic island that warran t was on about. If nowt else it'll loosen it a bit.