What did you do today?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Re: What did you do today?

Post by LynehamHerc »

Some people call us on here knuckledraggers but could they come up with such lateral thinking? I think not.
xtriple
Paranoid Dog Parent

Post by xtriple »

One thing I did notice though, marks around the passenger side rear wheel arch. Odd, thought my inner me. I wiped it and it did come off with a fair degree of effort and I was concerned as to what it was.

Took me a few moments to realise it's the over-spray from the Waxoyl I sprayed all around the inner wheel arches before Christmas! I know Waxoyl gets a bad press nowadays from certain quarters but I am still a fan and it does the job okay. I still want to do the new subframe with te stuff and I was thinking about doing the arches again...
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

I've got a gallon tin can of it you're welcome to if you're passing this way.
I thought you were flogging your merc anyway. My ears pricked up..
xtriple
Paranoid Dog Parent

Post by xtriple »

I was... and still might. I am so indecisive... The main problem is I just spent £2064 on the bastard and if I get another one (I'd like a 55) then I know that will also need a new subframe... apparently, they all do at about 12 - 15 years old. Rusty rotten old Mercedes crap!

I was thinking about an SL but I want a 500 but don't like the suspension problems so it would have to be a 350 but they are slower than the SuLKy and I want a V8 before we are all told to 'grow the fuck up' and have a pushbike or an electric scooter...

I'd like another Bentley... but I'd rather chew wasps than spend real money on one (again) so for the moment, I'll stick with what I have. Watch for the post later tonight where I declare I've bought a new car...

Re the Waxoyl, thank you for the offer and I'd take you up on it but I fear you live in some Northern hell-hole miles away from the Southern idyll I currently reside in...

:)
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

I've messaged to go and have a look at this today.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 471781115/
It's been a cat S. Will that affect the insurance much?
panhard65

Post by panhard65 »

Cat S is structural so I would be very cautious with it. I am not really up on prices but the C3 is not very desireable and I think the price should reflect that. With the cat marker it needs to be at least 500 cheaper than one without. I am sure he will try and say some bullshit about the light damage but the catagories are pretty straightforward now. Bolt on panel damage is an N anything that needs bits pulled out or welded is an S.
1939 Hotchkiss 864
1966 Rover P5 (for sale)
1971 Lancia Fulvia Berlinetta (also for sale)
1977 Dodge 3700GT Hearse
1987 Renault 25 V6 Turbo
2010 Skoda Felica tdi
2013 Peugeot RCZ
2021 Yadea C1S Gay leccy scooter
SiC
It's S small i C

Post by SiC »

My Civic was a Cat N but the boot panel was bent. Not enough to cause a problem but would have needed pulling out or replacing to bring back exactly as pre-accident.
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

Thanks.
I reckon it's about half price. I'm not really bothered about the make and model as long as it's a small petrol. It'll just be for family duties really. £1500 seems cheap for a new car.
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

The 1360 engine it has is the TU? And has been out for years and has been in loads of cars. It should be piss easy to work on too.
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

Typical facebook timewaster. Got a reply at 9.30 saying to come at 12 when she finishes work. I asked for the address straight after and silence. No replies to any messages since.
As radiohead say, no surprises.