Two wheels good.

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
TADTS

Re: Two wheels good.

Post by TADTS »

Well the bandit sold. Very quickly indeed.

Went for what I thought was daft money, the lad who bought it off me had it straight back on arsebook for £500 more. I'm not sure he will get almost £2k for an old tatty bandit 600 with 47k on it but best of luck to him. Advertised as "immaculate and having tons of money spent on it recently" erm no. Not at all.

I'm not very good at selling anything. I sold my XM to a mate for a smidgen over what I paid @jonathan_dyane, he kept it a few years, and it was floating around arsebook marketplace for stupid money recently. Laughable advert too you'd think it was concourse......

Either way I've bought something else. Which I hope to pick up next week, its to be shared between me and the Mrs but I suspect I'll do more miles on it. She doesn't know about it yet. I'll get shouted at for spending the money but it'll be balanced out by her being smitten by it. We shall see.

So the fleet will be Guzzi V85TT, new acquisition and the CB200 as it starts to come together.

I can't see me making any changes for a long time now......a trials bike *might* appear at some point as my boss is nagging me to get into the sport, but it'll likely be a really shite one as I'm now proper skint again.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

TADTS

Post by TADTS »

Incidentally there is a bit of a shortage of riding instructors over here. I'm sure it's a fucking hateful job, but I'd consider it as a sideline. (He says in ignorance)

How hard is it to get into?

Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

Pretty easy as far as I know. A mate does it & the biggest draw back is both places he's worked you had to do it for free for around a month until you passed the DVLA assessment, the logic being the work you do pays the school for the training.

I think you need to do CBT for a couple of years before you can do DAS & other full test training too.
Private signature, do not read
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

DodgeRover wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:33 am How much is his insurance?
Haven't looked into it yet. I'm sick of fuckin asking him.
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

Not sure if it's still around but cheap classic restricted miles insurance used to be available at 16 on a suitably old bike
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

TADTS wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:42 am.

I can't see me making any changes for a long time now......a trials bike *might* appear at some point as my boss is nagging me to get into the sport, but it'll likely be a really shite one as I'm now proper skint again.

Trials bikes prices are high at the moment, a couple of years ago you could have picked up an older bike you could ride a trial on the next day for £800-£1000.
That money will most likely get you a non running project needing a complete rebuild now :(
Bargains do turn up - usually when somebody hasn't kept up with what stuff is worth - but they don't stay for sale long.
Drum
Not Your Average Hoarder

Post by Drum »

DodgeRover wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:26 am
TADTS wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:42 am.

Trials bikes prices are high at the moment, a couple of years ago you could have picked up an older bike you could ride a trial on the next day for £800-£1000.
That money will most likely get you a non running project needing a complete rebuild now :(
Bargains do turn up - usually when somebody hasn't kept up with what stuff is worth - but they don't stay for sale long.
A lad almost sold me his Sherco for £800 last year, then changed his mind. Everything since seems to be three times the price.
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

I'm keeping an eye out for a 125/ 200 Sherco for the kids.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

I'd say it's a fair swap, but you'd be the one doing the best out of that.
Private signature, do not read
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

I bought the boy a PY80 before he could ride a pushbike. I got rid after I rode it round the garden pissed at a bbq I was holding and crashed into my ex's mother.