Two wheels good.

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
xtriple
Paranoid Dog Parent

Re: Two wheels good.

Post by xtriple »

214.JPG
214.JPG (649.25 KiB) Viewed 1350 times
xtriple
Paranoid Dog Parent

Post by xtriple »

Sorry, K31 HAC, my mistake. I think it was one of the original factory demo bikes but it seemed to have a fairly easy life as it was pretty low mileage and in great order, dodgy stickers apart!
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

Did you hear about the blue invabike triumph made?

They called it the Speed Cripple.
Sorry, I'll get my coat.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

Well Shoei NXR in (safety) Matt Black purchased in J&S, they price matched HelmetCity & did a tinted visor with 2nd pinlock for a decent price too. I ended up with a helmet they list at £389.99, visor £53ish & pinlock £30ish for £390. Can't argue that & hopefully if I get a decade out of it, then it's cheap enough. I should do as it turns out the XR-1000 hasn't been sold for about 15 years, so it should last as long as that.

Have a pic stolen from Helmet City.

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (41.58 KiB) Viewed 1339 times
Private signature, do not read
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

paulplom wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:00 pm Did you hear about the blue invabike triumph made?

Sorry, I'll get my coat.
I often hear the smaller Street Triple called a Street Cripple as they can be rather cramped for full sized people.
Private signature, do not read
Jazoli

Post by Jazoli »

Hooli wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:30 pm Well Shoei NXR in (safety) Matt Black purchased in J&S, they price matched HelmetCity & did a tinted visor with 2nd pinlock for a decent price too. I ended up with a helmet they list at £389.99, visor £53ish & pinlock £30ish for £390. Can't argue that & hopefully if I get a decade out of it, then it's cheap enough. I should do as it turns out the XR-1000 hasn't been sold for about 15 years, so it should last as long as that.

Have a pic stolen from Helmet City.

Capture.JPG
Nice, if you can justify the cost get a transitions visor, they are fuggin brilliant and a game changer (for me anyway)
CBA
Jerzy Woking

Post by Jerzy Woking »

Hooli wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:30 pm
paulplom wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:00 pm Did you hear about the blue invabike triumph made?

Sorry, I'll get my coat.
I often hear the smaller Street Triple called a Street Cripple as they can be rather cramped for full sized people.
I can confirm they are cramped for less than full size people too.
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

A quick perusal of the latest reg regarding bike training has informed me that you have to be at least 24 before being allowed to ride anything interesting.

I believe you can take your Class1 HGV at 18 and be allowed on the roads piloting something capable of causing more damage than a 600 Bandit.

As an OLD FOGEY as Eddie Honda politely* reminded me, I could ride anything from the tender age of 17. This usually meant a 250/350LC, 400/4 Coffin tank RD/ VF400/GS550/GS850 shaftie/Kawa Z750 twin to list the bikes owned by my contemporaries back in 1987. Most of those are bad handlers compared to the modern bikes newbies ride today.
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Post by Eddie Honda »

As a NOT-SO-old-fogey, I could only ride what I could afford to from the age of 17.

When bro Honda was learning to drive, he paid halvers on his lesson. I circumvented this fiscal drain by getting my provisional when I was 16 and getting loads of brochures in the post from the big four. That was instrumental in persuading the parents to stump up the lot to get me straight onto four wheels, which I did inside 3 weeks of turning 17.

However, the fuill B licence didn't deter me, as when I was studying for a HND, I went from rather skint to flush rather quickly - At around the same time as I landed a part-time job, my student loan came through (a got half a grant as well as this was in the olden days) and so I splashed out on a Honda H100-SD and some insurance and gear, along with a CBT.

Yeah, in theory I could learn on a 125, but it was cheaper to insure a 100. Ditto after I passed my test. In theory I could ride anything I wanted, but the fuckers at Norwich Union had other ideas (such as Third Party Only until the age of 28 on their Rider Policies) so the next bike had to be sub-225cc, I wasn't rich enough to step up to the next band, nor rich enought to buy and fuel a RGV250, so it had to remain an unattainable dream.
Eddie Honda
Rainman The Google Fu Master

Post by Eddie Honda »

So at 19, what where my contemporaries riding? Mostly fuck-all. Out of all those i knew, I could think of 2 that were on DT125s and another that was had a Vespa T5. That was it.

Even when I think back to teachers (big secondary c. 1600 pupils) , there were only two that rode in sometimes, both Chemistry teachers. One had an old airhead and the other was learning on an MZ I think. After I left the music teacher must of had a mid-life crisis as he took his test and got a green Funduro 650.

I don't think the West of Scotland weather really encouraged it.