Why The Fuck Is Tesla Worth A Trillion Dollars?

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Scruffy Bodger
TeeShirtFun

Re: Why The Fuck Is Tesla Worth A Trillion Dollars?

Post by Scruffy Bodger »

Someone wasn't happy with their Tesla experience :shock:
Scruffy Bodger
TeeShirtFun

Post by Scruffy Bodger »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-59818800

Tesla to recall 475,000 cars in the US

Compared to the amount they actually make that's quite a few cars!
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

Oh good. I'd enjoy seeing the wheels fall off Tesla
Private signature, do not read
Scruffy Bodger
TeeShirtFun

Post by Scruffy Bodger »

Hooli wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:59 pm Oh good. I'd enjoy seeing the wheels fall off Tesla
Not sure about that but another 200K to be recalled in China too.

https://www.reuters.com/business/tesla- ... 021-12-31/

After selling billion upon billion in stock over the last couple of months the twat has just tweeted to thousands of people that he expects a recession next year :roll:
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

To be fair to him it is well overdue and the Fed has said it's starting to taper QE as is the BofE and the ECB might also do, although fuck knows what the latter will do as it seems divorced from reality at times, it seems more concerned about being woke than effective.
Scruffy Bodger
TeeShirtFun

Post by Scruffy Bodger »

LynehamHerc wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:51 pm To be fair to him it is well overdue and the Fed has said it's starting to taper QE as is the BofE and the ECB might also do, although fuck knows what the latter will do as it seems divorced from reality at times, it seems more concerned about being woke than effective.
As far as I'm concerned it was overdue in 2008 and the economy has been flatlined since. It's all funny money but less than amusing. People with his influence can kickstart sheep by the million into sheer panic with the way things work now. Just a few words can move world markets.
Asimo

Post by Asimo »

Now $1.44 Trillion.

Tesla Inc. is off to a strong start to the new year after the electric-car maker smashed its quarterly record for deliveries in what one analyst called a “trophy-case” performance.

The company’s shares jumped 14% in New York, their biggest gain since March and the best start to a year since Tesla went public more than a decade ago. The $144 billion in market value that Tesla added Monday is the equivalent of an entire Honeywell International Inc. or Starbucks Corp. It’s also more than the value of almost 90% of the companies in the Standard & Poor’s 500 index.

Worldwide deliveries totaled 308,600 vehicles in the fourth quarter, well ahead of the average analyst estimate of roughly 263,000 vehicles, and topping the company’s previous record of 241,300 in the prior quarter. Annual handovers surged to more than 936,000 in 2021, up 87% from the previous year’s level
LynehamHerc
Boomer, gammon, senile old fart and Eurosmasher!

Post by LynehamHerc »

FOMO by incredibly well paid bankers who think that they'll know when the share price is going to collapse and they can maximise their profits by jumping/dumping just before.

Hubris just like the DotCom Bubble bursting. I, like lots of others, got caught in the fall out but not too badly fortunately.
Scruffy Bodger
TeeShirtFun

Post by Scruffy Bodger »

LynehamHerc wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:54 am

Hubris just like the DotCom Bubble bursting. I, like lots of others, got caught in the fall out but not too badly fortunately.
The funny money is really showing now, reports this morning that Apple has broken 3 Trillion :shock:

I actually saw the Dotcom thing coming. Everyone else, my old man especially told me I was being paranoid "I've lived thru 3 recessions already blah blah blah" Fortunately I was protected from it by being absolutely fucking skint at the time :lol: What little cash I did have I kept at home as I was worried about a run on the banks. I fixed my mortgage for 10 years and brought the remaining down by 3 years at the same time, pushing the payments up. Fucked myself right over there didn't I :lol: I ended up paying more than anyone else for years as they Fixed* the system and rewarded everyone who was massively indebted to the system! It'd never happened before in history so I couldn't kick myself too much about it. :roll:
Scruffy Bodger
TeeShirtFun

Post by Scruffy Bodger »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-60230072

Tesla is recalling nearly 54,000 vehicles because a software feature lets them roll through stop signs.

https://www.techradar.com/news/massive- ... ning-issue

Massive Tesla recall sees over 800,000 cars affected by seat belt warning issue

Good job they be fixed with over the air updates!