Never mind the Gas Crisis heres the Wobstang!

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
DodgeRover

Re: Never mind the Gas Crisis heres the Wobstang!

Post by DodgeRover »

That's going to be easy to rebuild or replace though, it'll be something like a C4 or FMX
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

DodgeRover wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:46 pm That's going to be easy to rebuild or replace though, it'll be something like a C4 or FMX
Yeh its a C4 most places want £1300 just been quoted £800 from a place that was recommended to me but they cannot do it until early June :roll:

Turns out theres a bushing or seat thats bashed up in the tail its worn a section into the prop end thats made it a very sloppy fit :cry:

So my Tame Mechanic has wizzed it back on to get me home

Whilst there he had just fitting the 454 back in his duster he races so though you might all appreciate the eye candy?

On a more positive note though,whilst the box is out he is going to pull the engine for me and put it on a stand so I can paint it ;)

Might even get to paint the bay?
[For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Junkman

Post by Junkman »

Well, then the shaft needs to be flame injected and machined and the tailshaft bearing needs to be replaced.
No big deal, really.
Supply Chain Disruption

1957 DKW 3=6 Sonderklasse
1967 Renault 16 GL
1983 Renault 4 TL
2001 Mercedes E240
2002 Datsun Dice
Junkman

Post by Junkman »

Well, then the slip yoke needs to be flame injected and machined and the tailshaft bush needs to be replaced.
No big deal, really. Although you could probably get a new slip yoke for not too much.
Supply Chain Disruption

1967 Renault 16 GL
1983 Renault 4 TL
2001 Mercedes E240
2002 Datsun Dice
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

Junkman wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:08 am Well, then the slip yoke needs to be flame injected and machined and the tailshaft bush needs to be replaced.
No big deal, really. Although you could probably get a new slip yoke for not too much.
Im not going to pretend its all double dutch to me!

Spoke to the transmission guy as im on a budget hes offered to do it for £675 if he does all the internal stuff but not the external tittervation :roll:

It will be cleaned clinically but he useually paints and lacquers the outside of the box but if I settle for just cleaning its current external finish i save £125 ;)

I mean its a gearbox not the Mona Lisa :roll:
[For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

Junkman wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:08 am Well, then the slip yoke needs to be flame injected and machined and the tailshaft bush needs to be replaced.
I believe when they driveshaft goes back to the prop guy they are replacing the yoke with one with no harmonic balancer and instead going to balance along the tube instead.

Propshaft guy expressed he doesnt like HB :x
Junkman

Post by Junkman »

I'm not a fan of harmonic balancers either and it might well have caused the issue in the first place.
I'd say a new yoke without a balancer should be in the 60-70 Dollar range. The tailshaft bush should be readily available too. Why open the box at all?
Supply Chain Disruption

1967 Renault 16 GL
1983 Renault 4 TL
2001 Mercedes E240
2002 Datsun Dice
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

Junkman wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:12 am I'm not a fan of harmonic balancers either and it might well have caused the issue in the first place.
I'd say a new yoke without a balancer should be in the 60-70 Dollar range. The tailshaft bush should be readily available too. Why open the box at all?
To be fair until the guy gets it he doesnt know :?

He does seem to be very fair and wants to save me money but I guess until hes seen it and tested it he wont know?

I think thats what theprop guy has in mind doing new yoke and as its a but sloppy cutting the tub of the shaft and starting again retubing it with something they are happier balancing ;)

To be honest yes its been a bit of a blow but im more excited I am getting me engine out to paint :mrgreen:

Try to concentrate on that positive.

Its a shame as it runs really sweet now but as others have said i need small modules,small goals to concoque so in the few weeks before i will try and finsh that rear fender ready for the panel beater to take over as I have a new sander now ;)

Get the old glue off the inside of the roof skin to do the lining once its back an when its away do some little trim bits that I can do away from the car ;)

In someways itll give me a break as the car will probably be away for nearly because my Tame Mechanic can only take the box and engine ou a couple of weeks before its needed as that a free slot he has,then he will store the car for me at his so i will get the break I need and i feel through this my Mojo is returning :mrgreen:
8BAK465

Post by 8BAK465 »

May be radio silence on the thread for a while because............................

Err

It wont move for a few weeks :roll:

CLINT
Woke as fuck

Post by CLINT »

I see the issue.

You know that bit of wood shouldn't be there don't you?
OMG U OK HUN?