It's a Ford Focus

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Warren t claim

Re: It's a Ford Focus

Post by Warren t claim »

bmw1.PNG
bmw1.PNG (651.75 KiB) Viewed 400 times
Sentimental value can only go so far. I bought this E36 318is from a fella and his boyfriend after it'd been parked up for three years after one of the lad's mum died. She'd cherished the car (along with a 1982 Mercedes 350SL ragtop) and he was in tears after seeing it go. Every other sentence was about his mum being a beautiful woman and their house was littered with old pics of her and to be fair, she was a tasty lady back in the day, a sort of Diana Rigg tribute.
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.
Missy Charm

Re: It's a Ford Focus

Post by Missy Charm »

Warren t claim wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:39 pm bmw1.PNG

Sentimental value can only go so far. I bought this E36 318is from a fella and his boyfriend after it'd been parked up for three years after one of the lad's mum died. She'd cherished the car (along with a 1982 Mercedes 350SL ragtop) and he was in tears after seeing it go. Every other sentence was about his mum being a beautiful woman and their house was littered with old pics of her and to be fair, she was a tasty lady back in the day, a sort of Diana Rigg tribute.
How strange! I used to have a black 318is coupe just like that one, albeit with a spoiler on the bootlid. Objectively there was absolutely nothing wrong with the car, but for some reason I just never liked it very much.

You are correct about sentimental value, but it's also the case that I just don't want a newer car. All the old ones either seem to be crap or expensive.