Are You Sitting Comfortably? Ergonomics Wob.

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
Warren t claim

Re: Are You Sitting Comfortably? Ergonomics Wob.

Post by Warren t claim »

I'm going out on a limb here to say that the cloth seats fitted to the Pug 205 GTI 1.6 were better than the leather seats in the 1.9 version.
TDW disclock and killswitch champion.
Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

Of all the trucks I drove, Volvos with the seat that has a way of reclining halfway up the backrest were the most comfy.
AutoshiteBoy

Post by AutoshiteBoy »

I had a S60 Volvo and didn't rate it.
fraser

Post by fraser »

christine wrote:Alfasud seats were reckoned to fuck your back up . I fitted a pair in a HA van but i didn't find them uncomfy tbh
It was the offset of the pedals on my alfasud that twisted my torso which made my back hurt after a long journey.

Sent from my JNY-LX1 using Tapatalk

Warren t claim

Post by Warren t claim »

Mid 90s subaru seats are a nice place to sit for several hours.
Scruffy Bodger
TeeShirtFun

Post by Scruffy Bodger »

20210331_132425.jpg
20210331_132425.jpg (318.65 KiB) Viewed 831 times
Another one I forgot about. Mk2 Astra GTE Recaros. This one came out my mates project car years ago. I was sick of getting an aching back sat at the PC. A trip to a local tat auction and for £1.12p with commission I had a chair to bastardise, and very comfy it is too.
FhakeConcern
Cycle Cunt

Post by FhakeConcern »

I'm 6' and found Minis (BL not BMW) and Metros comfortable enough to drive to the South of France in one hit. I found my mate's Mk2 Scirrocco seats really uncomfortable (two different cars and trim levels the same) and a similar vintage Jetta the same, but luckily the Mk3 Golf GTI I bought was good.
Of all cars I've owned the Volvo V70 T5 (2002) and C30 T5 (2012) have been the most comfy.
bub2006
Tenth Dan Tetris Gnu

Post by bub2006 »

I fetched a 106 last night and I forgot how offset the steering wheel and pedals are. Combine that with a curved door top and narrow roof meant my head was half out the window. Luckily I didn't have to drive it far as it went on an a frame.
I found my mk1 focus and my other mk1 focus ghia which was a pre face-lift to have really good seats with lots of adjustment. The stalks fall easily to the fingertips,window controls are in a great place high on the door too. The mk2 zetec I had was nowhere near as comfy or ergonomic with the interior.
Vectra c me and the wife have had all 1.8 petrol engines and wife has had an LS,active and then an SXI. The SXI had silly seats in that grabbed you too tightly on the sides,the LS was rather a firm seat and the active had a little side bolster but still rather firm. My 1.8 elegance had softer seats and was great to drive but let down by the stupid indicators that don't stay in position but always return to centre when on and the electric window switches on the door. The window switches were OK on my wife's as all them only had electric front windows but mine had electric rears too which meant you only had 2 switches but with a sliding switch in between. Slide forward and they controlled front,slid back to control rears. My earlier vectra B and cavaliers I had were alot more of I nicer place to drive.
Wife's avensis mk2 had a silly thigh support that wasn't adjustable so held your legs high,the corrola was just as bad but also had high seats and low roof. The 2 mk1 avensis I had were both more comfortable,I had a face-lift and pre faclift,pre face-lift was cdx which had amazing seats and lovely auto box.
My volvo 340 and 440 both had great seats for comfort,the 340 was cvt in DL trim which let the car down in my opinion but it never ran right in my ownership, the 440 was a 4 speed auto 1.7 GLE injection that again was let down by the dwarf with a hammer in the gearbox.
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Post by paulplom »

What's the 106 like? Is it in decent nick, does it look like it'll pass an mot?
bub2006
Tenth Dan Tetris Gnu

Post by bub2006 »

Very faded paintwork,shot gear linkages,carpet on both sides of kick trim driver and passenger side are hanging off,rear parcel shelf has speaker holes cut into it,very odd tiny little squares welded onto passenger side front suspension turret. Underneath I'm told is OK but may require attention bit not looked myself. All 4 tyres are happy square death ditch finders and it has a stupid mushroom air filter on it because apparently the air filter lids are unobtainable. Refused to start yesterday without a whiff of easy start after being stood a week but did start OK today. Handbrake is right up to the roof lining too. Also towbar has no electrics. Has remote locking that doesn't work but central locking does,power steering feels like it's all or nothing. Bizarre having remote locking and pas but wind down windows and no rev counter. Sunroof too but not sure on if it's watertight or not. Apart from that it's OK.