Cadillac SRX, Mazda CX7

Talk about your cars etc here. Keep it sort of sensible and on topic please.
AMCrebel
Officially Not Quite Totally Useless

Cadillac SRX, Mazda CX7

Post by AMCrebel »

Anyone have any experience of these?

Toying with a replacement for Discovery3 and these seem cheap - the Caddy is cheap as it's thirsty, petrol only and everyone sneers at American stuff here. You can see the GM stuff in its interior etc - apparently its a relative of the Insignia. Not a fan of most things Vauxhall but wondered if these are really that bad. I am generally in favour of the Americans bias toward comfort and ease of use rather than bothering about how fast you can lap the fucking Nürburgring.

The CX7 is an odd one - they don't seem to have sold that well and weren't available for long but look good to me and seem cheap for what they are.

I know these are SUVs but I prefer 'em for towing the caravan and I am waaaaay less irritated by tailgating scum when I'm sitting higher up.
2005 Land Rover Discovery SE Manual
2003 Mercedes E320 Estate
1968 AMC Rebel SST Convertible
1967 AMC Rebel SST Convertible (for parts)
1994 Fleetwood Colchester 1850 EB

Hoping for roffle win :)
paulplom
The Geordie Lord, Mario!

Re: Cadillac SRX, Mazda CX7

Post by paulplom »

Mazda = rust.
That's all I know about those two unfortunately.
Hooli
Self Appointed Internet God

Post by Hooli »

A bloke at work has a Mazda SUV thing, it always seems to be back at the dealer for fixes. I can't remember exactly what model though.
Private signature, do not read
DodgeRover

Post by DodgeRover »

I'm assuming it's a RHD caddy? I've heard they occasionally suffer head gasket failure but TBH pretty much everything does at some point.

Precieved thirst means many got LPG converted, if done correctly this means running costs are pretty low whilst losing no drivability.

They always seemed a lot of car for the money which is why I looked at them.
NorfolkNWeigh

Post by NorfolkNWeigh »

I looked at SRXes a few years ago, when I couldn’t afford one, pretty similar to a Merc R Class from memory and about as related to the Insignia as it is to a PC Cresta. More , in fact as it’s RWD , same platform as the CTS.
They seem to have stayed around the £6-8k for the last 10 years on the odd occasions one comes up.
I like them but when you could get 5.0 V8 or even AMG RClass for the same money , if I needed a massive 7 seat quasi off roader that’s probably where my hard earned would go.